In this episode of The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Podcasting, we discuss whether or not podcast hosts have to pay their guests. Whilst exploring this question, I’ll be offering valuable insights and actionable tips for podcast owners and enthusiasts.
Paying podcast guests is not a requirement, but it is always a good idea to offer compensation for their time and expertise.
While some guests may be willing to appear on your podcast for free, others may expect to be paid for their time and knowledge. It really depends on the guests and the industry they are in.
However, if you are just starting out and don’t have a budget to pay guests, you can still invite them to be on your podcast and offer other benefits, such as exposure to your audience or promoting their work or products. Ultimately, it is a case-by-case basis and depends on your podcast’s goals, budget, and guest’s expectations.
It’s important that in turn by being on your podcast, you are providing value for guests. This can be done by creating a high-quality and well-produced podcast that guests will be proud to be a part of. Additionally, you can offer resources and support to guests, such as promoting their work on social media or offering guidance and assistance.
While it is not necessary to pay guests, it is important for hosts to offer some form of compensation or value in exchange for their time and expertise. This can help to create a positive and mutually beneficial relationship between hosts and guests.
- Should podcast hosts pay their guests?
- The value of exposure and promotional opportunities for guests
- How to offer compensation in the form of exposure and promotional opportunities
- Tips for treating guests well and making them feel valued
- The importance of building relationships with guests
- The potential for reciprocity and future collaborations with guests
- The benefits of having a diverse range of guests on your podcast
- Finding a balance between offering value to guests and running a sustainable podcast
- Being respectful of the time and expertise of guests
- The potential for paid partnerships and sponsorships with guests in the future
📧 Subscribe to the newsletter: https://veritysangan.com/newsletter
🎙 Riverside: https://veritysangan.com/riverside
🎙 Blue Yeti Microphone: https://amzn.to/3pxNvSa
🎙 iPhone: https://amzn.to/44q0x30
✅ Podcast Launch Checklist and Episode Planner – https://veritysangan.com/launchchecklist
🎉 Grow Your Podcast Audience 5-day Email Challenge – https://veritysangan.com/5daychallenge
🙋♀️ Podcasting – Getting Your Business Heard – https://veritysangan.com/podcastwebinar
Courses & Masterclasses:
🌟 The Confident Podcaster – Create and launch your podcast with ease – https://veritysangan.com/theconfidentpodcaster/
🚀 The Guest Booking Blueprint – Elevate your podcast by booking your dream guests using our proven, 3-stage process – https://veritysangan.com/guestbookingblueprint/
💎 Elite Onboarding Guest Management – Implement a professional onboarding process for your podcast guests – https://portal.veritysangan.com/elite-onboarding/
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices