Do you need an expensive microphone for your podcast to be legit?
In this episode, I chat with Adam Schaeuble from Podcasting Business School to debunk some common myths about needing expensive equipment to have a successful podcast. He’s done over 1,000 episodes using just a $97 microphone, so he can speak from experience when he says fancy microphones are not essential!
What matters most in podcasting is consistently; delivering great content that serves your listeners, not tip-top perfect audio quality. Don’t get caught up spending hours editing or let worries about background noise stop you from getting started. As long as your audience can hear and understand you, small imperfections don’t really matter.
Our advice? Don’t break the bank on podcasting gear, especially when you’re first getting started. And don’t get paralyzed trying to achieve podcast perfection – just start creating content. Stay consistent, connect with your listeners, and optimize as you go. Great content trumps all.
So come along and debunk the myth that you need ultra-expensive equipment. I’ll show you how I’ve built a business with affordable tools and a focus on serving my audience. Let’s change the conversation and share podcasting tips around what it really takes to succeed in podcasting.
- The importance of budget-friendly podcasting
- Investing in launching the podcast correctly rather than expensive equipment
- Adam Schaeuble’s frugal approach to podcasting equipment
- The success of Adam’s podcast with a $97 microphone
- The importance of consistency in podcasting
- Understanding the needs of different podcast genres
- The dangers of lazy podcasting and the importance of putting in effort
- The misconception that expensive equipment is necessary for a successful podcast
- 00:00:00 Podcasting Business School Talks About Podcasting Equipment
- 00:01:06 The Cost of Adam Schaeuble’s Podcasting Equipment
- 00:04:00 Building a Successful Podcast with Minimal Expenses
- 00:05:21 The Power of Consistency in Podcasting
- 00:07:19 The Importance of Editing Your Podcast
- 00:09:39 The pitfalls of lazy podcasting
- 00:12:07 You Don’t Need Expensive Equipment to Start a Podcast
[00:00:00] Verity Sangan: Hello everybody. And welcome back to another episode of the lazy girl's guide to podcasting with me, Verity. Now in this very special Tech Thursday episode, I am delighted to be joined once again by Adam from Podcasting Business School. You may have already listened to the episode on Tuesday where Adam was on. We were talking about the golden 72 hour Marketing window for when you have a new podcast released.
[00:00:28] Verity Sangan: If you haven't listened to that yet, I would highly recommend going back and listening to it. It has a real Spin on marketing podcasts that most people are not probably haven't heard about before because most people are not talking about this. So, in fact, actually, I haven't heard anyone talk about this part about it. So if you haven't listened to that episode, Tuesday's episode, go back and listen to that. But In this episode, we are talking all about podcasting equipment because you know me, I Do not believe that podcasting equipment needs to be overly technical or expensive or anything like that.